US Men’s National Team Closes Out September Window with Match Against Oman
CHICAGO (Sept. 12, 2023)
After a triumphant 3-0 victory against Uzbekistan in St. Louis, the US Men’s National Team is preparing to face Oman in their first-ever international match on Tuesday, Sept. 12 at Allianz Field. The pre-game coverage of the USA-Oman match will begin at 8 p.m. ET on TNT, Universo, Peacock, and Futbol de Primera radio, with the kickoff scheduled for 8:37 p.m. ET. Fans can also follow the match on Facebook, Twitter (@USMNT), Instagram (@USMNT), and the official U.S. Soccer App.
Detailed Roster by Position:
- Drake Callender (Inter Miami; 0/0)
- Ethan Horvath (Nottingham Forest/ENG; 8/0)
- Sergiño Dest (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 27/2)
- DeJuan Jones (New England Revolution; 6/0)
- Kristoffer Lund (Palermo/ITA; 1/0)
- Mark McKenzie (Genk/BEL; 12/0)
- Tim Ream (Fulham/ENG; 52/1)
- Chris Richards (Crystal Palace/ENG; 11/1)
- Antonee Robinson (Fulham/ENG; 37/2)
- Miles Robinson (Atlanta United; 25/3)
- Ben Cremaschi (Inter Miami; 0/0)
- Luca de la Torre (Celta Vigo/ESP; 17/0)
- Weston McKennie (Juventus/ITA; 45/11)
- Yunus Musah (AC Milan/ITA; 28/0)
- Tanner Tessmann (Venezia/ITA; 2/0)
- Malik Tillman (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 5/0)
- Brenden Aaronson (Union Berlin/GER; 33/7)
- Folarin Balogun (Monaco/FRA; 3/1)
- Cade Cowell (San Jose Earthquakes; 8/1)
- Kevin Paredes (Wolfsburg/GER; 0/0)
- Ricardo Pepi (PSV Eindhoven/NED; 17/8)
- Christian Pulisic (AC Milan/ITA; 61/26)
- Tim Weah (Juventus/ITA; 32/5)
USMNT Opens Second Berhalter Era with 3-0 Win vs. Uzbekistan
The U.S. Men’s National Team kicked off the September international window with an impressive 3-0 shutout against Uzbekistan. The match marked head coach Gregg Berhalter’s return to lead the USA for the first time since his re-hiring in June. Forward Tim Weah opened the scoring early in the game, with Ricardo Pepi and Christian Pulisic adding goals to secure the victory. Goalkeeper Matt Turner was named Bud Light Man of the Match for his stellar performance, making three crucial saves throughout the game.
Weah’s goal, assisted by Weston McKennie, was his first for the National Team since the FIFA World Cup in 2022. Pepi continued his goal-scoring form with his fifth goal in as many matches for the USA in 2023. Pulisic’s penalty goal brought him closer to Brian McBride’s all-time scoring record for the USMNT.
Matt Turner’s shutout against Uzbekistan moved him to fifth on the team’s all-time shutout list. Drake Callender and DeJuan Jones joined the USMNT after their club matches, adding strength to the team.
Lund Makes His Debut for the USMNT
Kristoffer Lund made his international debut for the USMNT against Uzbekistan. Born in Denmark, Lund represented Denmark’s youth sides before deciding to play for the United States. He became the 57th player to debut under coach Gregg Berhalter.
USMNT Looks Forward to Facing Asia
The matches against Uzbekistan and Oman represent the USMNT’s opportunity to face Asian opponents ahead of the 2026 FIFA World Cup. Coach Gregg Berhalter is intentional about presenting different challenges to the team as they continue to develop the program.
Berhalter Returns as Head Coach
Gregg Berhalter returns to the role of head coach, having achieved an impressive record during his previous tenure. He led the team to back-to-back confederation championships and qualified for the World Cup in Qatar with a young roster.
Welcome Back to St. Paul
Allianz Field in St. Paul, Minnesota has been a successful venue for the USMNT in the past. The team has recorded victories at the stadium, including a crucial FIFA World Cup qualifier against Honduras.
Recognition for the U.S. Power Soccer Team
Prior to kickoff, the U.S. Men’s National Team will recognize members of the U.S. Power Soccer National Team, who have been named to the USA roster for the 2023 FIPFA Powerchair Football World Cup. U.S. Soccer celebrates the game in all its forms and continues to support different aspects of soccer.
Denial of responsibility! Vigour Times is an automatic aggregator of Global media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, and all materials to their authors. For any complaint, please reach us at – [email protected]. We will take necessary action within 24 hours.