Uganda Ebola death toll rises to four

0

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Three more Ebola patients have died in Uganda, the health ministry said on Friday, bringing the total death toll to four, days after authorities confirmed an outbreak of a strain of the deadly disease for which no vaccine has yet been approved.

Uganda’s health ministry said it had confirmed 11 cases of Ebola in total, including the four deaths.

The current outbreak, attributed to the Ebola Sudan strain, appears to have started in a small village in Mubende district around the beginning of September, authorities say.

NEW EBOLA INFECTION IN EASTERN CONGO LINKED TO DEVASTATING 2018 OUTBREAK

Measures are being taken at the Mubende Regional Referral Hospital after an Ebola outbreak occurred in Mubende, Uganda, on Sept. 20, 2022. 
(Nicholas Kajoba/Anadolu Agency)

Seven other deaths are being investigated for being linked to the outbreak in Mubende, around 130 km west of the capital Kampala.

The first casualty was a 24-year old man who died earlier this week.

EAST CONGO WILL BEGIN EBOLA VACCINATIONS AFTER NEW CASE REPORTED

The World Health Organization says the Ebola Sudan strain is less transmissible and has shown a lower fatality rate in previous outbreaks than Ebola Zaire, a strain that killed nearly 2,300 people in the 2018-2020 epidemic in neighbouring Democratic Republic of Congo.

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Vigour Times is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment
Enable Notifications OK No thanks