Ontario weighs declaring monkeypox outbreak over, Moore says

0

Ontario’s chief medical officer of health says he is “actively looking” at whether the province can declare the monkeypox outbreak officially over.

Dr. Kieran Moore said last month that the number of active cases peaked in mid-July.

He says there haven’t been any significant increases in the past few weeks, just intermittent cases.

Moore says he is now watching for a few more incubation periods — which can be up to 21 days but is usually seven to 14 days — to see if the low-risk pattern continues.

Public health units have started rolling out second doses of monkeypox vaccines.

Story continues below advertisement

According to Public Health Ontario’s latest report, up to Oct. 4, there have been 674 confirmed cases in the province to date, most of them in Toronto.

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Vigour Times is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment
Enable Notifications OK No thanks