Arjo Atayde reveals proposal to Maine Mendoza was ‘more than a year’ in the making

0

Maine Mendoza and Arjo Atayde. Image: Instagram/@arjoatayde

Arjo Atayde has admitted that he had planned to propose to his girlfriend, actress Maine Mendoza, for over a year before he finally popped the question last month.

The actor-congressman revealed this in his interview with MJ Felipe for “TV Patrol” last Thursday, Aug. 11, as seen on the show’s Facebook page on the same day.

“I’ve been planning more than a year. Grateful it happened [at] the right time. So I just really waited for everything kasi (because) of course, may mga nangyari (some things happened) and everything,” he said.

Atayde added that he asked Mendoza’s parents for the actress’ hand in marriage.

“The parents of Maine are very loving, very understanding, very giving to me ever since and I’m very thankful,” he told Felipe.

When asked whether he and Mendoza will be engaged for long, Atayde believes Mendoza should have the final say when it comes to that matter.

“That’s Maine’s decision for now. For me, I’m just here [for] whatever she wants,” he stated. “To be honest, I’ve decided even before asking her, [I am ready] anytime.”

For now, Atayde and Mendoza plan to travel and enjoy their engagement before exchanging “I dos.”

Mendoza and Atayde announced their engagement last July 29, though Atayde proposed on the day prior, July 28, which is quite special for the couple as it lands on the day as their first meeting. Aside from this, before Mendoza started her showbiz career through “Eat Bulaga,” the then-teenaged actress gushed over Atayde by posting “Arjo cutie” back on July 28, 2013.

The Twitter post has since resurfaced and netizens have started using the word “cutie” to “manifest” things they wish to achieve. Dana Cruz  /ra

RELATED STORIES:

Maine Mendoza, Arjo Atayde look back at ‘cutie’ tweet after marriage proposal

Arjo Atayde to Maine Mendoza as she turns 27: ‘Looking forward to celebrating all your birthdays with you’

The hottest entertainment news straight to your inbox

Read Next

Don’t miss out on the latest news and information.

Subscribe to INQUIRER PLUS to get access to The Philippine Daily Inquirer & other 70+ titles, share up to 5 gadgets, listen to the news, download as early as 4am & share articles on social media. Call 896 6000.

For feedback, complaints, or inquiries, contact us.

FOLLOW US ON GOOGLE NEWS

 

Read original article here

Denial of responsibility! Vigour Times is an automatic aggregator of the all world’s media. In each content, the hyperlink to the primary source is specified. All trademarks belong to their rightful owners, all materials to their authors. If you are the owner of the content and do not want us to publish your materials, please contact us by email – [email protected]. The content will be deleted within 24 hours.

Leave a comment
Enable Notifications OK No thanks